Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quiz #1

1. Do you knit and/or crochet?
- Mostly I knit. I'm crocheting a project right now, though.
2. How long have you been at your craft?
- 30 years, off and on. More seriously, for the past 5 or so.
3. Do you spin? If yes do you use drop spindle or wheel.
- Some, on a drop spindle.
4. What is your favorite color?
- Blue, and I like cool colors in general.
5. Do you have any other hobbies?
- Lots! Reading, cooking, wine drinking, lampworking, medieval re-creation
6. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
- Merino wool is my favorite overall, and seems to be the most versatile and practical. I like natural fibers in general.
7. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?
- Acrylic and mohair. I really don't like mohair in garments - I try to be more open-minded about synthetics.
8. Are there any yarns that you’ve been eyeing and wanting to try?
- I keep hearing about this Wollmeise, and want to try it. I love my skein of Fleece Artist sock yarn, and would like to try more of theirs. Tofutsies and Therapi are the only SWTC yarns I've tried, so I'd like to try some of the others.
9. What are you currently working on?
- My Hat Attack weapon, Zero the Ghost Dog, and my "Audacity" yarn socks.
10. What is your favorite Finished Object? (Pictures are welcome.)
- That's a tough call. I reach for my Monkey socks pretty regularly. And I was quite proud of Nautie, and want to knit more of him.
11. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
- I want to learn to knit two socks at once, and I want to try double knitting.
12. What is you favorite type of book or movie?
- Historical fiction for books - probably comedies for movies.
13. Who is your favorite person at Hogwarts?
- Madam Hooch is totally cool. I want to fly like she does.
14. Favorite class and/or subject at Hogwarts?
- Care of Magical Creatures. Someday I'd like to a niffler.
15. How many family members do you have?
- There's me, my fiance (who's away at another school), and the two dogs.
16. What is your favorite Fall activity?
- Roasting marshmallows
17. How many projects do you have on your needles/hook?
- I have 13 projects in progress, 4 that I've actively worked on in the last week or two
18. What is your favorite type of footwear?
- Birkenstock sandals. They show off handmade socks so well!
19. What is your favorite beverage of choice?
- I drink Pepsi most of the time, but I like white or rose wine the best.
20. What is your favorite park of Half-blood Prince?
- The Quiddtich match where Harry tricks Ron into thinking he's taken the Felix Felicis.

No comments: