Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to School

It's almost time for the fall term to begin at Hogwarts, and I can't wait to get back!

I'm only in my second year, so I'm glad I was able to do the summer term and get started. Being at Hogwarts is so much fun that I liked going to school in the summer. Even the homework was interesting - we hardly ever had that at my Muggle school.

I was surprised to find out how much I liked playing Quidditch. I've never been very athletic, but I certainly had some good luck as a Seeker. I hope that carries over into this term, because I'd really like to see Hufflepuff repeat our Quidditch and House Cup victories!

I never thought I'd be a Hufflepuff. I'd always thought of myself as a Ravenclaw type, and the Sorting Hat seemed to be trying to decide between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor. But like Professor Dumbledore says, the Hat can take your thoughts into account. I guess not many people wanted to be Hufflepuffs last year, but I thought it would be just fine. I'm glad the Hat did too, because I loved my House - we had all kinds of fun together. I'm looking forward to seeing who's back, and getting to know the new students.

Of course, one of the best things about Hogwarts is meeting other witches and wizards who like to knit. I'm sure we'll get a lot of knitting done as we chat in our common room. I wonder what sort of projects I'll do this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya Selena ... welcome back! I hope you've been practicing those seeking skills over the summer! :)