Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Gathering Intelligence

Now it's time for the real work to begin. Our captain wants us to gather intelligence about the other players - and the other teams are doing the same thing. So I'm supposed to find people that fit each of these things - and then introduce myself, and get to know them a bit. It's all in the name of friendship and good sportsmanship - but I'm sure knowing what we're up against won't hurt. So here's the list:
  1. Someone with the same craft as you (either those listed above or another one). Intarsia Bindoff does a whole collection of needlecrafts, like me.
  2. Someone who was born in the same month: Saraid Swiftrunner was also born in June.
  3. Someone from a different country. The Arrows' own Emma Wigworthy is from England.
  4. A new HSKS Quidditch player. Stewlla Quinn, of the Wanderers
  5. A player who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps. Siobhan Mooney, of the Montrose Magpies
  6. A player who has a bigger stash than you! (And if your stash is the biggest, proudly say so!): Megaera Black has a HUGE stash. I wonder if that means I need more yarn?
  7. A player who both knits and crochets. Ambyr Phoenixfyre likes to do both.
  8. Someone who has the same favorite color as you. Lily May Clearwater likes blue, and also green and purple. It's a good thing we're flying for Appleby!
With that done, we're supposed to say hello through blog or project comments. So, I discovered Lily May's awesome Slythering Snakes. Amber made some fun Candy Corn bags, and Megaera has made a nifty dishcloth in a pattern I haven't seen before. Captain Siobhan's cute crocheted fish will get a place on my to-do list, once I've finished something for my spoilee, and gotten through Round 1 of Shuntbumping. Our newcomer, Stewlla, has adorable dogs, and she's made a lacey little headband that looks like a great way to use leftovers. Emma's responsible for a whole collection of fabulous wizardy designs, but my favorite has to be the Hufflepuff Socks. Saraid doesn't have any projects on Ravelry yet, but I'm sure she will. She's in the Canadian Air Force, which sounds extremely interesting - I hope she can give the team some flying pointers! And Intarsia is into amigurumi, so she has several cute projects, including this adorable little snake.

Thanks to my fellow Quidditch players, I've certainly added a lot of projects to my wish list. My teammates and opponents are incredibly talented!

No comments: