Saturday, April 10, 2010

Another Transfiguration Project

Some of my classmates have been so industrious that I thought I should try to get in a little more Transfiguration practice. So I took on a second project - perhaps the most challenging of all - making a Golden Snitch.

Gamp's Law is a little unclear on the subject, but you really conjure a Snitch as much as you Transfigure it. You have to start with something, but what you start with is the fuzzy, fundamental stuff of the universe.


The actual incantation for creating a Snitch is something that probably shouldn't be discussed in such a public forum. But if you've never seen it happen before, I can tell you that it requires a special, very small, wand.


And here is my finished Snitch, the first one I've ever tried to make. It doesn't seem to be a perfect Transfiguration, so I hope if I try again I can make the next one look neater. If you look at the picture closely, you can still see some fuzzy stuff around the Snitch. I'm not sure if that's because of an incomplete Transfiguration, or if it's from the dogs. Even if there is some fuzzy substance drifting around, I think I've come a long way from the time I accidentally turned part of myself into an ocelot.

No comments: