I've been procrastinating on all kinds of homework this week, but here's my second quiz:
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
Both, but I knit a lot more than I crochet. I've been knitting on and off for 25+ years, probably crocheting occasionally for 20.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?
A little. I have a drop spindle or two. I've only made one thing from my handspun.
3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in?
Many of them. Lampwork, embroidery, tatting, sewing, cooking, origami. Is that enough? I tried pottery once, but I'm really, really bad at pottery.
4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers?
I like natural fibers the best - a soft wool is my first choice for almost any project. I love cotton in fabric - knitting with it is a little harder, but I'm hoping to find a cotton yarn I love. I'm pretty fond of Tofutsies' soy silk, too.
5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fiber?
I don't like synthetics, although I'll use a blend when it's appropriate. I usually don't use mohair yarns, although I'm not sure why I haven't enjoyed them. And I learned the hard way that bamboo isn't much good for winter, although I'm not ruling it out for non-winter-sock applications.
6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?
Nothing leaps to mind, but I'm always happy to find a new yarn someone else recommends. I'm not adverse to trying out some of the weird fibers.
7. What are you currently working on?
A wedding shawl and my Kauni Cardigan are the two big projects. I have plenty of smaller things going, but they will change quickly.
8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?
Sometime I should sit down and learn the two-socks-at-once thing.
9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?
No, I just wind my yarn by hand.
10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?
My DPNs are in and outgrowing a nice fabric case. My circulars are going into a binder, as I find them, although I'm not convinced it's the best storage system. Hooks and spare tools go in the pockets of a suitcase that once held most of my stash.
11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?
Every now and then. I don't like terribly sweet stuff, usually. I like vanilla, and fruit. I like pastries. I really like nuts or mint in my chocolate. I tend to go for quality over quantity, especially with chocolate, since it's a potential headache trigger. But I'm not giving it up just because of that!
12. Are you having a birthday during this swap?
No, my birthday is in June.