Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moebius Magic

I'm not very good at magic for putting things away. I can't do an Undetectable Extension Charm, and I've never found a Mokeskin pouch for sale. If I try to use magic to put things back in my trunk, they wind up in a tangled heap. And my Monster Book of Monsters is still hiding under my bed, because I haven't been able to calm it down enough to get it back on the shelf.

But if there's one thing I can do, it's knit - and a little bit of magic thrown in makes things so much more interesting. So here's my latest project. It looks like an ordinary basket, right? But if you pick it up, it turns out to have just one side - no inside or outside - and just one edge. Even so, somehow it manages to hold some things - they sort of stay put, even though there's no real inside.

It's really too bad there isn't an O.W.L. in Knitting, isn't it?

No comments: